
zoomflight_5_blk_5
Originally uploaded by jQk.
SIGHhhh....
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:
Federer: Simple version for me is, uhm, started bad and finished bad basically (smiling), was good in the middle and that was not good enough. That's like the short and simple version. Of course, you know, afterwards you go further, but that's for me what I sum up right now.
On Nadal's improvement: Oh, I mean, of course he has. He deserved his victory. He was the better player tonight. Never take anything away from somebody who beat me, because I was trying my best. At times I played good; sometimes I didn't play so good. But I didn't feel like he's a totally different player to Miami. I mean, it's only two months ago. It's not much time to really improve your game. Even on clay, you know, he should have beaten me in three sets in Miami. And here I was already at four sets. I know I can beat him on any surface, which is good to know, because he's going to be a threat in the future. It's a pity, you know, he beat me here in the semis of a Slam , which is tough.
Nadal: Yeah, I am very happy. So I am very happy. I am in the final, for me that is very important. Is a dream for me. Is a dream for me. I can won today against the No. 1 -- not only the No. 1 for the tennis, but the No. 1 for the person and for his sportivity (sic).
On Federer finding his form in second set: He is playing very well in the second set. When he play very well, I can't do nothing, no? He have unbelievable forehand. And when his forehand go to my backhand, is very difficult for me. After in the third set, I can escape and I can improve in my game, no?
On Puerta: Well, he'll be difficult, you know, because it's Roland Garros. He's been playing very good tennis to be in the final. It will be a very complicated match. I'll have to play my best tennis and only like that will I be able to win.
source: www.atptour.com
No comments:
Post a Comment