Wilt thou forgive that sinne where I begunne,
which is my sin, though it were done before?
Wilt thou forgive those sinnes through which I runne,
And doe them still: though still I do deplore?
When thou hast done, thou hast not done,
For, I have more.
Wilt thou forgive that sinne by which i wonne
Others to sinne? and, made my sinne their doore?
Wilt thou forgive that sinne which I did shunne
A yeare, or two: but wallowed in, a score?
When thou hast done, thou hast not done,
For, I have more.
I have a sinne of feare, that when I have spunne
My last thred, I shall perish on the shore;
Sweare by thy selfe, that at my death thy Sunne
Shall shine as it shines now, and heretofore;
And, having done that, Thou hast done,
I have no more.
- John Donne
been reading poetry from john donne lately. haha. half the time i have not a clue what he's saying. but the ones that i do, i think its lovely. so true. so real. so jaded.
i'm getting sleepy and i have to wake up before 10 tomorrow. and i've been waiting already for about an hour to take my shower. my housemates are really slow. and tony's portugese gal has a creepy stare. she smiles friendly yet she wants to eat you.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow, you are deep man !
John Donne eh ? Since when have you been plagued by such sins ?
hehe. im not deep, was bored so picked it up to read.
i commit sins everyday.
Post a Comment